Can Implantation Bleeding Be Bright Red Key Facts Revealed
It is not uncommon for some women to experience mild implantation bleeding during the early pregnancy stages. Educating yourself about when does it occur, what it is, symptoms and much more, is vital. Remember, any unusually bright red and prolonged implantation bleeding can be classified as threatened miscarriage. This means your pregnancy is being threatened into a miscarriage. However, majority of threatened miscarriage pregnancies eventually settle down and healthy pregnancy occurs.
Signs Of Normal Implantation Bleeding And How Long It Lasts
Implantation bleeding occurs early in pregnancy when a fertilized egg buries its way into your womb lining. It occurs about 10 to 14 days post the conception period or after the egg gets fertilized. This is also usually the same time your menstrual cycle is expected. Most instances of implantation bleeding will last for few minutes to few days. Bright red color implantation bleeding lasting for more than a few days could be a sign of a threatened miscarriage or an infection. Signs will differ from pregnancy to pregnancy. The bleeding is usually mild in nature. Also, it is far lighter than your normal menstrual period.
Can Implantation Bleeding Be Bright Red?
Wondering what does implantation bleeding look like? Well, it depends on how long it took for the blood to travel till the outside of your body. Your blood loss color can vary from brown to bright red in nature. A bright red blood loss indicates that there are active areas of bleeding within your womb and the blood is very quickly flowing from the implantation site to the outside of your body. On the other hand, brown blood loss reveals old bleed. If you are getting brown bleeding, it usually means that when a fertilized egg had buried its way into your womb, little blood released but the bleeding which occurred during the implantation process remained in the womb for a little longer. Hence, by the time you notice it while wiping yourself or on your undergarment, it will show up as brownish implantation bleeding.
Bright Red Implantation Bleeding 5 Things To Remember
1. Do not panic when you notice a bright red implantation bleeding since half of all implantation bleeding cases end up as a normal pregnancy.
2. Know your partners blood type as you may require injection for Rh-immune globulin within 24 hours of heavy pregnancy bleeding.
3. If you are bleeding and think you may be pregnant, then undertake a home pregnancy test. If it tests positive, call your doctor for a consultation for any possible Rh-immune globulin.
4. Never douche, insert a tampon or have intimacy when you are bleeding and keep a track of whether your bleeding has increased or decreased. Check how many pads have you used.
5. If you feel that the pregnancy bleeding is lasting longer or is heavier than the usual range, then call your doctor for immediate consultation.
Pregnancy is an extraordinary experience in every woman’s life. It has an enormous physical, emotional, mental and spiritual impact on the mother to be. The more you comprehend these aspects, the less symptomatic and easier your pregnancy will be.